Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Week 3


Hola Hola!
Chile es campeon! it was really fun this last saturday we were able to watch the entire game, which ended up going all the way to PKs! it was really fun to watch all of the chilean teachers go crazy during the game as they kept singing and cheering and then after the game the whole city of santiago was going crazy. it lasted all night long. People were driving around honking and cheering and waving their chilean flags. needles to say i had to use my stash of ibuprfen pm and earplugs that night. So this week has been a little difficult my companion has been really struggling with listening and staying active in the lessons. so at times the lesson will getting into more spiritual things and and random question will be thrown in. It definitely was frustrating at times. but yesterday during one of our classes the teacher asked me to do a practice lesson alone in front of the class and it was a lesson that was full of the spirit. I was able to share about how when i wass first baptized i honestly didnt fully know if the church was true, but i always knew that i felt good at church and with time i have received more and more witnesses that the church is true. Honestly i wasnt expecting to be able to recount the full story in spanish but surprisingly i was able to. That teaching experience really helped me because i was starting to feel down because my lessons were not going so hot. It really helped because both me and the investigator because we were both "edified by the spirit"
One other fun thing that happened this week was that E. Cowley and E. Morby moved into the classroom next to me. This has started a lot more games. within my district i have organized 2 tournaments already for paper football and this other coin game (yes the games are only played during breaks). Another thing we discovered you can do during breaks between classes is to go up to the fence outside and call top the street vendors to bring the "roja fruta" and man oh man are the strawberries good. 
So within our room we have all made goals for our weight and weigh in each sunday so as all of you can guess my goal is to gain weight. so with that in mind during all of the meals i have gotten into the habit of saying "todo" and still to my amazement if i eat all of it i still weigh 140, i guess its a lesson of patience jaja. 
So for my pday today we went to this hotdog place called dominos or something like that and it was soooo good. i was able to get the classic chilean dog with mayo guac and tomatoes. also i was able to get pinapple juice which was to die for. That took up most of  the time so we just walked around the city. My spanish is really coming along i can now talk to the latinos in the ccm comfortably so it makes me feel a lot more confident! I was a little bummed to not be in the states for the fourth of july but isnt here just there without a T?
Hope all of you doing well!!
chao
E.Livingston

No comments:

Post a Comment